Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wish I had this attitude more often!

“Can you come help me put grass inside because it’s going to rain…” Chachi (Aunty) asked me.
Even though I was in the middle of studying, I saw it as an opportunity to help and connect with Chachi and probably have another adventure! I told her I’d come up soon. After a few minutes, I went up to where the cow and goats stay- at Diksha’s house. I started moving three huge bushels of hay, straw and grass, little by little, climbing up steps and handing them to Chachi as she put them further inside the “barn.” I felt as if I was back working in the stables. Later, I told Robin, “It was like workign in the stables in America, except there, I was able to take a shower and get clean afterwards!”

Anyway, my arms are scrapped up and my clothes have little thorn things in them…for what? For time taken away from studying, for energy wasted on work that isn’t even mine and for an animal that these people worship?

No, it was for a woman who has a lot of other work to do, and needs help. For a chance to build a relationship. For a chance to love even when I had other things to do and perhaps didn’t really want to. For a chance to show Jesus.

My only regret…I only wish I would act this way and have this attitude more often.

No comments: