Thursday, February 2, 2006

Prayer for Kahani people (Journal Entry)

“For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.” Vs. 4
“Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the people of the world revere him.” Vs. 8
“The Lord foils the plans of the nations, he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But ehe plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of His heart through all generations.” Vs. 10-11
~ Psalm 33


Today consisted of visiting some people, giving them the pictures I took of them, convincing the family that my fast was different from the one that they do- because our gods are different…Chachi just came in the room again trying to convince me to eat tonight- after all I fasted all day, that’s long enough. I told her that my fast was different, and it was okay. Finally she said, “as you like” and left.

I do feel really weak and my head hurts. I hope I can last through the night! I did have a good time in the Word today though- not only this morning, but also during lunch when the rest of the family was eating. I also spent some time in prayer today, especially for the kids of this village. While they were starting to get on my nerves a little, I just started praying for them- asking that they would grow up knowing the stories and wanting to share them with others.

I am convinced that I need to be praying more for these people and the work to be done. I told Robin that I feel convicted about this and while I felt convicted to pray more by myself, I also said it would help me if I we prayed together- if she wanted to, that is. We agreed to incorporate a time during our weekly church time for that. The main problem is that we never know when we’ll get interrupted- and how do we tell them what we’re doing and that it’s important without hurting their feelings or causing them to think we don’t like them (Adults and children alike). Hmm, there are a few things I can communicate in Hindi, such as “we’re praying” and “This is for our God”- but not sure if that will go very far…

So, with that said, I’m going to again pray for the kids in this village…

Golu- he’s a 9 year old boy, full of energy, always wanting to see pictures and yet trying his best to be patient when we say, ‘in a little while’ or ‘later’ or ‘no.’ He usually persuades me, at least, to show him the pictures…He is a good language helper and tries hard to understand what we want to communicate. I pray that he would grow up to be a strong leader in his house. I pray that he would see that his gods cannot do anything for him but that you, Lord did everything already for him. I pray that he wouldn’t be the first in this village to not look down on those in the other part of the village. I pray that he would one day lead this village in your ways- perhaps even start a church here- or continue a church that would already be here!!! I pray that his attitude towards the stories would be open and receptive and that he would recognize the stories as unique and amazing and most of all- true. I pray that he would see You as different from the other gods and not just one more to add to the collection.

I pray for Diksha…she is so cute! She is perhaps my best friend here, although only 7 years old. Please give her patience when the other kids persuade her to do things she knows she shouldn’t do. Please also help her to see the wrong that the other kids do (especially Latta) and help her to realize it’s wrong and unkind. Help her not to fight back either physically or in words to the other children. I pray that you would help me to know how to help her and teach her within the boundaries of what I’m allowed to do! May she too grow up learning the stories and loving them- and may her family not think wrongly of her enjoying them, or wanting to share them with others. I pray that her family would be supportive of her and encourage her to learn more- and that they too would accept the stories Truth.

Dear Lord, please answer these prayers according to your will. Please give me patience to wait on you for the answers and also to take action as you give me strength to work towards these prayers being answered. I look forward to the day when people from this village will worship you- do not let me pray these prayers in vain. I ask that you redeem these people- and do it while I am here. I am not afraid to pray these prayers- I know you will answer them. I know you will answer them according to your perfect plan and will- and I know that that answer is the best answer!!! May I glorify you in these prayers…

No comments: