Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Accepting where I am...(Journal Entry)

Deut 1: “See the Lord your God has given you the land. Go up and take possession of it as the Lord, the God of your fathers told you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged…But you were unwilling to go up; you rebelled against the command of the Lord your God. You grumbled…Our brothers have made us lose heart. They say, The people are stronger and taller than we are; the cities are large with walls up to the sky. We even saw the Anakits there. Then I said to you, Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them. The Lord your God, who is going before you will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the desert. There you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a father carries his son, al the way you went until you reached this place. In spite of this, you did not trust in the Lord your God, who went ahead of you on your journey…to show you the way you should go…

For me, these verses might read:
See the Lord your God has given you this opportunity and this place- both the hills and the city. Go out and take on what is in front of you. Do not worry about enjoying things or frustrated that you aren’t “suffering.” However, you have had a negative attitude- been overwhelmed by several things, thus you grumbled about where you are…which has made you lose heart for being anywhere right now. You have looked around at the people, the places and felt guilty for being there- but they too are God’s creation- He has put them in front of you- He will take care of them just as He will take care of you. Do not be afraid of them, do not be afraid of FACING the world you are in for these few days. The Lord your God, who is going before you will clear the path for you- as he has done all along the way. You have seen how He has carried you, and kept you safe all the way until this point. Even remembering these things, your attitude still does not reflect these promises and the faithfulness He has shown you…He is showing you the way to go- you might as well walk in it!!!!

And Psalm 51 was the reading for today. David’s psalm…We read that last night at the home meeting too- my goodness, what is God showing me? And then Matthew 6. Well, that’s all about not worrying and treasures in Heaven…is my treasure the village? Where my treasure is, there my heart will be also. I suppose I should consider changing my treasure, otherwise, my heart will always be stuck in those mountains…how will I survive anywhere else? I need to make my treasure the Lord- that way, wherever I go, my heart will follow. I also need not to worry. Right now I am worrying about things that GOD is in control of and already knows the outcome of- I need to trust Him in these things…

I need to accept where I am, and embrace it just as much as I have embraced the village and people back there…Lord, help me do that today.

No comments: