Thursday, September 1, 2005

Water situation (Email to parents)

Hello!
I am writing mid-week- wow! I am in the bazaar picking up some clothes and taking one of my pants back because he made them about 10 inches too long! I’m hoping he’ll take them and fix them! Sometimes that happens.

Pray for our water situation- we didn’t have water for 2 whole days- not even a drop from the tap- our emergency water was even almost gone. Today it did come back for about an hour. PTL. I’m going over to Evy’s this evening to take a nice warm bucket bath- yeah! I did take a cold shower sort-of this morning- got my hair wet, soaped up and then the water ran out- not a drop left to rinse my hair. You can only imagine the thoughts going through my head. It wasn’t necessarily thoughts of “this terrible place” or “frustration”- more like, “Okay….so….um…okay…uh…what do I do now?”

How did I get out of that mess? There was a bucket in the shower filled with about 2 inches of water- I dunked my head into that and swished my hair around…that’s how I got out of that mess…

Ugh.

Yesterday, when we didn’t have any, we told Evy and Bhagat and they said that if the pump was broken we might not have water for a week or two! Ahh! But today it did come back a little, so that probably means the pump is not broken, or not completely broken.

Anyway, wish I could join you this weekend at the beach and spend time next to a WHOLE BUNCH OF water- even if it is salty- how cool would that be to get into!!! I hope you have a great time.

Love ya!

~ Elizabeth

No comments: