Thursday, September 8, 2005

Discouraged (Journal Entry)

So, I’m pretty discouraged about my language learning. I’m not sure what happened, but yesterday and today I just feel incompetent about what I’ve learned and feel so behind. Part of it is because I’m trying to finish the book and have 10 chapters to complete in 7 days. It’s so much to learn- basically, I know I won’t learn it, but mainly have it written down so I can go back and learn it later. However, in most of my classes today, I just couldn’t even translate one sentence correctly. Everything is so jumbled up in my mind!

Tasleem Jee said to take a break and Robin said to take a break. But I feel a break is a waste of time. Of course if it will help me learn more and produce more, than a break is what I need- but I still feel funny taking a break when there is so much to do!

No comments: