Sunday, July 9, 2006

What difference can I make? (Journal Entry)

It’s the end of another weekend, the start of another week. You know, somehow I think about sharing things, everyday things, with someone…someone who loves me and wants to hear those little misc. details of my life. Yes, that someone will be there, someday. He is not there right now…but wait…He is…He is my Father, and He does want to hear those details…yes, He already knows them…but still, He is there ready and waiting…thank you for being there Lord!

Today, I watched a movie, and saw how beautiful, and wonderful life is back home- I saw Indians who live in New York City- they too need to be reached. If I lived there, I could have a normal life, a “nice” life…and still do "reach people". My parents would be amazed to read these thoughts. My supporters would not believe it was me who wrote these ideas. My own self would battle against me and argue, “Do you know what you’re saying? Yes, it’s a ‘normal’ life- a normal, boring life. Not for everyone who lives there, but for you, you know it would be. What would you do? Live ‘normally?’

But what am I doing here? I mean…I’m away from my family, away from my friends- though they are few here. I’m here, in the middle of these mountains. I'm trying to convince people who are completely satisfied with their lives, that the direction they are moving in will only end in despair... How can anything I say or do, change that? Who am I to even be engaged in this work?

I know, I am a daughter of the king, a servant of the most high…and that is enough…I know, I know.

There is so much work to be done- I’m just a minute particle in this immense ocean of lostness. What difference can I make?

No comments: