Friday, July 7, 2006

Storying stuff (Journal Entry)

I met with Anne today. I went to the garage owner's house and did a testing session with him as well as another young guy who was there. Tested the Cain and Abel story- they did okay, the younger guy didn’t do as well in remembering it, but his Kahani language was great- I don’t think he spoke in Hindi once…Anne did a good job in testing, and Mamta- her friend, came along too…We then went back and discussed what they had said in the testing session…

Then Sam came. I had previously gone to another neighbors house and asked if we could come tell another story later in the morning. They said yes. So Anne, Sam, and I went to their house to test the Tower of Babel story. However, they had guests there at that time, so it didn’t work out.

When we came back, I decided to go through the story and questions with Sam and prepare him to do testing on his own later in the week. He had already tested Cain and Abel- did an okay job of it…though I’m not sure the people he is testing are really good testers. I mean, one is a believer. The other guy doesn’t really know Kahani…so…obviously, that’s not a good test! Kind-of frustrating...

I sent an email to Shanna the other day that was like, “I can’t take speaking Hindi/Kahani anymore!!!” Haha. I love speaking it, but speaking it for several hours in a row can be really draining. It's also hard having the frustration of learning/speaking two languages…

No comments: