Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Fitting In (Email From Aunt Bonnie!)

Hi Elizabeth,

I guess you are getting ready for your trip to Thailand next week. Hope and pray all is coming together for you - in many ways!

We had a good trip East and got home to Idaho last Tuesday. I had my final leg operation with removal of plate and four screws last Thursday. I am glad to be on the "final leg" of this journey! Hopefully, within a few weeks I will be able to hike (with a brace for about six weeks).

Our fourth of July was eventful. First came the Victor parade. Andrew rode his horse and Laura rode on the school's float. The parade was long, the day was hot, but both kids enjoyed their part in the parade. In the afternoon we went for a picnic and festivities in Jackson at the Music Festival. It was a perfect day and we finished it off with fireworks in Jackson. Late night but worth it.

I woke up with a flu-type sickness and couldn't get myself out of bed all day. Uncle Bob, Andrew and Laura just left for the church (in Jackson). Andrew has a reading/tutoring session and Uncle Bob and I have a leadership class. Unfortunately I'm missing the meeting. Laura will go to the library - one of her favorite adventures.

Thank you so much for sending the DVD for the reunion. You are amazing - how to put it all together, do it in time to reach the States, etc. We watched the video several times, too. We really missed your presence, Elizabeth. It's just not the same with you missing. I hope your schedule will allow you to come home next year, or should I not even think about that?

I was thinking about you watching the video of your party - wishing you were home but realizing everything will be changed when you get home. Well, probably things won't be as changed as you anticipate - in fact, you may be the most changed person. And, of course, that's a little scary. BUT, every time we move on to the next thing in our lives, there IS a life waiting for us. It's all in how we embrace it. You will find new avenues to walk down you never knew existed - and you will love it! You fit in no matter where you are planted, Elizabeth. For me, I've learned it's mostly my perspective that gets in the way of enjoying life as God wants me to.

Your newsletter was great. The storying is coming togetherI It's so interesting to watch "the story unfold" and see God's hand through the production of it. You are accomplishing an amazing work. And I can imagine the storying is just a part of the whole work God is doing through you right now. Every contact you make is planting a seed. Because people are seeing Jesus through you those seeds are falling on fertile ground and will flourish.

So, my head is throbbing - the meds aren't kicking in as I hoped. BTW, How is your health?

Love and lots of hugs (XXOOXX!!)

Aunt Bonnie

No comments: