Saturday, July 29, 2006

Re: Fitting in (Email response to Aunt Bonnie)

Aunt Bonnie,

Thank you for writing! I’m glad you had a good trip and reunion, and your leg is doing better…do you still have the brace? How is that? I’m okay health-wise…had a boil in Thailand, guess you heard about that- so strange!!! South Asia can do some strange things to the body! My back is okay- it’s always great in Thailand because we have cheap, but good massages, and the beds are just…well…regular beds...haha…I think I’ll try and keep up doing the back exercises I had been doing before- that seemed to help a lot.

Thank you for your encouragement about fitting in wherever God plants me…You are right- and it is our attitude and perspective than can hold us back from fully enjoying the places and people that God has put in our life.

This time when returning back to our home in Kahan, I kind-of felt like, “shouldn’t we be done this by now? It’s been a year, and we’ve made this trip several times, and here we are again…shouldn’t it be over already?” It’s not that I don’t want to be here, but I can feel the intensity of this work beginning to take it’s toll on me, and realizing too that the enemy is working to discourage and drag me down.

I’m motivated to work even harder now, now that we’re back and have so much in front of us. In a way, it’s overwhelming, but just seeing our neighbors today, re-kindled my passion to see them praise our Father…and knowing that the work we are doing might be a part of that makes me want to put forth 100% of myself in getting this project completed!!!! Please do continue to pray for Robin and I as we do have lots of work to do and need to find some more people to help us with the work…pray for strength and stamina as a lot of the people don’t live near us…pray for boldness to try new things, even if we aren’t sure if they will work out or not….

What are you doing for school for the kids in the Fall?

Tell Andrew and Laura and Uncle Bob I said hello!

~ Elizabeth

No comments: