Tuesday, July 11, 2006

American culture and Indian culture cannot exist in the same mind (Journal Entry)

So, I’ve realized that the thought of American culture and Indian culture cannot exist in the same mind at the same time. I mean, there just isn’t enough space for it. How can women, in India, sitting on the side of the road waiting for their friends to go cut grass for their cows and goats fit in the same brainwave as high school and college students, in America, spending nearly 24 hours a day on the internet, writing “blogs” to each other…how can those two things fit in the same brain, let alone the same world?

I know that it is amazing to see all the differences, and how it must bring glory to God, and how truly great it is- and remarkable, etc, etc…but my mind cannot contain it all. Just thinking about gets me stressed out…And perhaps it’s the timing. There is a lot going on in my life, and in my head right now, and it’s nearly exploded already once today.

Another thing I’ve realized is that I don’t like to admit that I can’t do everything.

No comments: