Friday, August 12, 2005

"What modern conveniences are necessary?" (Journal Entry)

Many times I think I can’t believe I’m really here. But then the electricity goes out, the water runs out, or something like that happens and very much reminds me I’m in this great country of India! I constantly go back and forth between what a wonderful country this is and why it can’t have some of the modern conveniences that I would consider necessary such as electricity and water. Yet, then I realize that life can (And does!) continue without these things at least for a time. Some things here are just not as important as they might be in another country. Some things here are more important.

Anyway, I love learning the language. Today, Asha came (Another language helper). I told her how I missed my Indian friends and my family. She seems like she could become a great friend, even though I’ve just met her twice.

No comments: