Saturday, August 13, 2005

Dropped Phone...in the toilet! (Email to parents)

Okay, so I dropped my phone in the toilet. Ugh. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was a toilet in the states, but our toilet here, we aren't supposed to put our toilet paper in. There is a little trash can to put it in which we do- however I forgot about 5 times the first few days…Yes, so I had to take it out. Same thing with the phone. Right now, it’s drying out- however, I think it’s broken for good. How aggravating. Thus, I don’t know how long it will be before I get another one…

It’s interesting. It’s not the hot water (or lack of), or the electricity (or lack of) that bothers me, but my own clumsiness which could have happened no matter what country I’m in.

Oh yes, we are not moving after all. I talked to a girl who lives at the place we were considering and she had actually lived in the room we had been offered for one night and said it’s dangerous- the water (no matter if the hot water heater is on or not) shocks you…gives you little shocks from the electrical current. She said, if you don’t mind being shocked all the time, it’s a nice little place, but I couldn’t handle it. Thus, we decided not to move.

All well. What to do?

I’m feeling better. Nearly 100%, however I’m praying that the medicine has cleared whatever it is out of my body and it’s not just keeping the symptoms away. I decided to stop the medicine today and see what happens.

Monday we have holiday- it’s Indian independence day. We don’t have Hindi classes, but we do have a little celebration thing at the school in the morning. Should be interesting.

I love you!!! ~ Elizabeth

No comments: