Friday, August 5, 2005

IT'S SO HOT (Journal Entry)

We are in the capitol. The heat is nearly unbearable. I am wondering when the relief will come! Fortunately, yesterday the rains came and refreshed everything. It was wonderful! I had been out with Linda shopping and just couldn’t even think anymore- the sweat was running down my face as if I had been crying for hours. The dust on the street was sticking to my arms and getting in my eyes.

I came into the hotel to find shade (not A/C), and the hotel is not much to speak of. It is actually hotter in the hotel than outside.

We’re in a hotel that is actually still being built. I didn’t get any pictures, but the men are plastering mud up on the walls and building another wall or another floor or something- it’s hard to tell right now.

No comments: