Saturday, November 4, 2006

My family is on their way!!! (Email Update)

November 4, 2006

My parents, and younger brother and sister have started the journey to this side of the world!!! I’m so excited to see all of them! Tomorrow, I will be flying to meet them in Bangkok!!!
Below is our itinerary for the next two weeks.

Our Itinerary:
November 5- Parents Arrive! (enjoy some of training and meeting others involved in One-Story, as well as see some sights of Thailand!)
November 14th- 2 Flights from Thailand to the capitol city of the country I’m working in.
November 15th- Day in the capitol city.
November 15th - night train to “Kahan” – a few days to enjoy my “home” and hopefully get to met our story-crafters, back-translators, and a trip to the village! J
November 20th- night train back to the capitol city
November 21- arrive in the capitol city – a few days to do some sightseeing, and enjoy Thanksgiving together.
November 24th- 2 Flights back to Bangkok, then USA.

Please be praying for:
1) My parents, Mark and Natalie as they adjust both to Thai culture, and Kahani culture.
2) My expectations and their expectations to be minimal…that we will enjoy being together and let little frustrations not frustrate us too much!
3) How He might use this trip to encourage and challenge all of us.
4) Safety in all the travels!!

Thanks so much!!

~ Elizabeth

No comments: