Tuesday, November 7, 2006

First Impressions (Family Visit!)

(My parents, my brother Mark, and sister, Natatlie came to visit me in Thailand and India. I'll post some of the emails my mom send home during their stay here, since I didn't write much during that time!! This is an email my mom wrote to her sisters and brothers the day after they arrived in Thailand).

----------------------------------------------------

This is the first chance we have had to write. We arrived late last night and found our accomodations here in Chiang Mai to be similar to Sandy Cove type accomodations - their old cabins. We have a nice bungalow type place with 2 bedrooms and livng area inbetween, and a large bathroom area.

Last night, as we drove from the airport, we saw lanterns lighting the sky as the people are involved in a 3 day tradition of lighting the lanterns and sending the up to the sky, thinking that they are getting rid of their sins at the lantern goes up. Hopefully it doesn't come back down!! It's so amazing that each of the kids have read that little book called Tubby and The Lantern when they were younger. I had no idea that this practice was still going on!

We didn't sleep a whole lot on the plane - lots of movies. It was a LONG time, but we were sitting 4 across and it was good to be together and not have to climb over strangers to get out of our seats. They served us lots of food, but Natalie didn't really like any of it, so she ate lots of snacks

This morning at 10:30 Elizabeth woke us up - it did not feel like we wanted to get up, but we did and we have been at her training sessions. Now Dave and the kids are swimming in a nice pool here with some of the kids from Elizabeth's training. I am in a training session with Elizabeth and they are in small groups so I am getting a chance to email.

It is absolutely wonderful to be here with Elizabeth - I cannot describe how great it is just to be with her. We are having a great time just laughing together and enjoying each other's company.

It is very HOT here. But it feels nice. There is AC in our room for 1 dollar an hour.

We plan to go into the city for a festival tonight - should be interesting!

Well, that's alll for now. I'll write again when I can.

Thanks for praying us here!

Love,

Jane Anne

No comments: