Saturday, November 11, 2006

Disney world? (Family Visit)

(picture: playing a game on the boat ride)


(Another email from my mom to her sisters at home)


We went on a neat boat ride today - amazing extremes - poverty and wealth right next to each other. Natalie has been a little sick, but is doing okay

I had my first experience with a squattie pottie - and no toilet paper - thank goodness i had some napkins - poor natalie had to use is half dozen times cause her stomach was upset. NONE of these places have toilet paper!! she said.

The place where we are staying has lots of Workers traveling thru - VERYinteresting people . I admire them so much. and then i think, my word, Elizabeth is one of them...

We are all really doing well so far. I have a feeling that could change on tues. but we will expect the best and plan for the worst! Dave is doing GREAT - unbelievably great - and Elizabeth just loes everything he does.

Yesterday we were in a computer store trying to get some of our dvds copied and this Thai guy was helping dave - Elizabeth and I practically were rolling on the floor watching it all. The guy finally turned to us and siaid (having not spoken hardly any english so far) "he is funny." Dave does not act like he is in a foreign country. He acts like he is in Disney world!

Thanks for thinking of us!

love, Jane Anne

No comments: