Friday, November 24, 2006

Re: Goodbye came so soon (Email back to Daddy)

Daddy and Mommy,

Great. I’m glad you are all set up. Try to sleep some. I have no idea how the lay-over will affect your jet-lag when you get back. It’s good you are getting home on Saturday to rest then and on Sunday also….do be careful driving home, look both ways ;)

Thanks for emailing.

I couldn’t sleep past 6:00am this morning- longing for just 5 more minutes with you. Man, it’s hard to be apart. So much of me just wants to ditch this whole thing and come home. And the rest of me then prompts: “If you don’t do the Stories for the Kahani people, who will?” Then I think, “someone else…I don’t care…” – then I think, “How in the world could I call myself a follower of Him and “NOT CARE” – and of course it’s not that I don’t care, it’s just that I care more about being with you right now. Truly the verses about “leaving family, and denying oneself” – are coming more true to me. It is a huge cost- for myself, and also for you…I think Heaven will be even more sweeter since we have spent this time apart.

I got a missed call from Bicky about 20 minutes ago…you know it’s like it was from God…a little message saying, “the Kahani people are still there, and still “NEED” you to finish the work…” – not that they “NEED” me and not that I can “finish the work” – but HE wants me to be a part of what HE is doing….how can I say no?

While I do feel resistant about returning to work, I also feel more motivated to get it done asap- but not necessarily just rushing through, but making it good- like you said Mommy…doing my best…it’s not for the Kahani people anyway, it’s for HIM- if the Kahani people benefit in some way, that fine. It wno't even be from what I will do, but HIM doing it all anyway! I do feel encouraged about getting these things accomplished, and I hope I will only be a “perfectionist” as much as needed- to double and triple check things, but beyond that, I cannot control, and should learn to let go….

Thinking of you all trekking to and from Panna’s village is amazing…wow….like I said before- it seems like it was 5 minutes ago, but also as if it was 5 years ago….I think because it is such a different place…it also seems like it had to have been a different time/century too…what a funny feeling…

Please process your thoughts with me too as you get back into life at home, and even in the airport….don’t lose the thoughts and reactions you have too quickly…I want to hear your feelings…or at least read them :)

I love you lots….

~ Elizabeth

No comments: