Saturday, October 21, 2006

Listening... (Journal Entry)

(I'm back in Thiland at this point, for trianing)

So…I tried to listen to you this morning, Lord. I tried to focus. And I think I did for a while, but it didn’t seem like there was any real “revelation” or anything…was there supposed to be? Or have I not been in tune with you recently, and thus can’t hear you now? Or, is there nothing you want to tell me at the moment, but you want me to just sit in stillness?

I was confused why it didn’t seem like I could hear you…there were some ideas, but nothing practical as to how to implement them. For example, I want to have your heart, I want to focus completely on you, I want to do what you want me to do, be who you want me to be, serve those you want me to serve- but who is that, and how, and when….

I think you also showed me a little bit about serving you RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW. I have these plans and ideas for after this project, when I still have a year, and a ton of work left on this project…and, a partner too. I haven’t spoken to Robin in perhaps 30 hours- it’s REALLY STRANGE. I mean, we’ve seen each other, but haven’t spoken. Not because we didn’t want to- there was just no need and we've both been busy with other people.

Anyway, I wonder at times like this what it is He wants from us...is my life to focused on everything else that I can't hear him?


No comments: