Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Re: Re: "What's next for me (Email reply to Mommy)

Mommy,

I love you too……

I did cry- most of the flight- sitting in seat “B” between two Punjabi men, and also cried some today in the rickshaw…and on the phone last night-

It seems like a dream- not necessarily a dream come true, but not a nightmare, but a dream still- like it will pass and reality will come at some point….but somehow it never does. Even here in the capitol city- with two co-workers. It’s like I’m having another dream with them in it, but this time it’s not in their hometown, it’s in the capitol.

It seems like Thailand was a dream too…Jim, Sean, Kristin, Alison- they are characters fading in and out….like when you wake up in the morning and can’t quite remember it all, but bits and pieces….it seems like my entire life has been those bits and pieces you remember of the dream when you wake up. I think even Kahan has been that….or something else completely. Like I said, still can’t really put my finger on it. And perhaps I shouldn’t try to put my finger on it. Like you said, I should just live it…how do you live a dream? When reality is a dream, or when a dream is reality- how do you know what is real, what will last, what will still be there when you wake up?

I guess you don’t know…

Well….I'm heading out soon to go back to Kahan…talk to you tomorrow.

~ Elizabeth

No comments: