Friday, September 29, 2006

What does the future hold? (Email to Lori)

I am wondering about my future- what does it hold?

I just sent an email to Lori (our language coach). Part of it is below:

…Something else, I’ll maybe talk to you/One-Story leadership more about later, but I’m not sure what I will do after my project (next fall). Of course, first, I’ll go home, but then after that I’m not sure. I’ve been thinking that I may do another project, but can’t say for sure right now. I think, though I would really like to have a role in which I visit various teams. Something both Robin and I talk about from time to time is how helpful it would have been for you, or someone focused on language stuff to visit us in the first few months.

A visit to a team would be mainly to check on things (mainly language-culture learning), see their situation, give tips, etc. Then, correspondence via email, too could happen- and since I had been there, it might make corresponding even easier…? It would be very much like the consultant check we just had- but focused on those early things in the project- language/culture. I am thinking this is something I might like to do.

I think I would still want to do a project too (so I stay fresh, and don’t just have examples of language learning from Kahani/Hindi!!!). But if I had a project that maybe spanned more time (3 years?), thus allowing time for visiting other teams, etc. Anyway, just some ideas. I don’t know what He has planned, or what One-Story would be open to, or where I’ll be, but it’s something to keep in mind. I do always have those moments too when I think, “I’m not coming back after this!!! After this, I don’t ever want to her another story again, and I don’t want to have to speak or think in another language ever again!!!!” – but I know those are moments of frustration, and not really where my heart is!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I wonder what is ahead of me…about a year left here…will it all get done? Maybe…Father, please direct my steps- in this project, and in other plans you have for me. Show me where you want me to go- if it works for me to take a trip to "Dry Land" early next year, that would be so cool- but may you direct me where you want me to go. You know when all the stuff was happening in that country. I really wanted to go. I guess I was a sophomore in college, or maybe even a senior in high school even, I really wanted to go- but since then had kind-of forgotten about that country til some Q-1 people talked about going there. You have always used others to help guide and direct me....

I love you Jesus. Thank you for making me so tired this afternoon and drained that all I can do is sit before you. Thank you for the energy that I know you will restore to me even in just a few minutes or tomorrow…preparing me for what you want me to do.

Amen.

No comments: