Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Email Update!

Short Version:
* Sick…
* 10 days and counting….(til our first Consultant Check!)

Longer Version!
Sick…
I’ve been sick the past five days- actually for longer than that, but more recently I’ve been sick and in bed the past few days. Initially it was a stomach thing, now it’s a cold/fever/body ache thing with the stomach thing. Don’t worry, I’m on antibiotics, and my roommate is taking good care of me! However, please do pray that I will get better soon- very soon. And especially also pray for my mind to rest as well as my body during this time. It’s very frustrating for me, who doesn’t like to sit still for too long, to be stuck in bed- especially when we have so much to do.

In spite of being sick, God has graciously helped me to reflect on all of His blessings and faithfulness to me over the past year. True, I would rather do that when I’m feeling better- but being sick somehow helps me realize it more, I think.

10 days and counting…(til our first Consultant Check!)
Our consultants (One-Story supervisors who check the accuracy of the work) are coming to check the progress of the stories in less than 10 days. They need to see several stories (via email) before coming so they can better know how to guide and direct us when they do come. We’ve been working hard trying to get everything ready- and things have been moving along, but there is still more to do. Please continue to pray that the stories will be completed in time- and if not, we won’t stress too much about it!!

P & P
* Praise for an encouraging trip to visit two other One-Story teams in the north of our country.
* Praise for beautiful weather yesterday and today (in spite of the monsoon season- the sun is shinning brightly!).
* Praise for “Precious” (another story-crafter) continuing to help with the stories.
* Prayer for health…for quick recovery.
* Prayer for “Nathan” (A new story-crafter) to be patient in making so many changes to stories!
* Prayer for Judy (our consultant) as she comes to check the work.- pray for safety traveling, and wisdom to help guide us.

Til All Have Heard,

~ Elizabeth
Just to keep the K people in front of our prayers…above is our house helper and some of her kids, in her village.

No comments: