Saturday, August 12, 2006

Prayer for Kahan (Journal Entry)

I want to pray for the Kahani people today. I want to lift them up before you Lord. I want to pray for the work, the people, your glory…

I pray now for Anne- you know where she is, you know where her heart is. You know how close or how far away she is from you. You know if the stories she has already learned will make a difference in her life, or perhaps through her.

I thank you and praise you for already getting your word into Anne's village- by her sharing the stories with her family- only you know where those stories will go. Thank you for the other villages the stories have already traveled to- that is through the other girls in the sewing class.

Thank you for Mamta and her family- thank you for their willingness to test the stories, thank you for Mamta’s eagerness to help with the stories-

Lord, I pray for Achla, Nirmal, Neema (?), and the other boy- I don’t remember their names exactly. I pray that they would really enjoy the stories and grow in their faith. I pray for the girls- may they feel free to speak up in spite of Nirmal- thank you for Nirmal’s interest in the work and his interest in the story- realizing that there is stuff in the Book that he never heard before! I pray that they would be really good at figuring out how to make the stories natural and culturally appropriate. Lord, give them patience- and perseverance with this work…

Lord, please be with our landlord’s family tonight. May they see something in us- even see something in your creation, in even their own religion that directs them to you- you can use anything…

Lord, show yourself to our neighbors who lost their husband and father this past week- show them that there are no spirits flying around outside their home. Show them that their husband’s spirit is gone…but they can know where their spirits will go when they die, if they trust in You.

Lord- help me know how to pray for these people. As they get close to the time this evening of ringing their bells- show me how to pray for them….show them yourself. Should calamity fall on them before they will trust you?

Lord, please bring Precious know more of you- through Robin, through Vivian, through me, through YOUR STORIES…Lord, please give her interest and desire to keep working with us.

Keep Robin and my friendship strong and may we be an encouragement to each other- may we not become jealous or act as if we are in a competition- we are in this race together, true- but we are running along side by side- we may have different uniforms, or different shoes, but we are still heading towards the same goal and will reach it (or not) at the same time- together!!!

Lord, please be with other teams, girls and guys who are just figuring things out now- there is so much- and it really is stressful (At least for most people)- to learn to work together, in a place where you can’t communicate much to the people around you- and where you interaction with your partner is an example to others of Christ.

Lord- please guide our footsteps- there are many to take, and we are heading in the right direction- I think…but the path is long, and there are lots of little sidetracks too…Help us keep focused.

Father, thank you that we can trust you- thank you for motivating me to pray for these things today- help me to pray more.

Monday- I think I will fast for the K people.

Lord, I thank you for all you have done already- and look forward to what you will do in the future…

I love you.

~Amen

No comments: