Sunday, August 6, 2006

"Oh my goodness!" (Email to Parents)

So, pretty much nothing I had planned for yesterday worked out…

I did mail some notes and cards that needed to be mailed. I watched “End of the Speak” with Robin and Vivian- really good…

When I called Sam to ask about another girl, Asha, helping us- he said, “she’s not smart, she can’t do it” – You know, I think he needs a lesson in being more optimistic!! Anyway, he said he would introduce us, no problem…and that sure, we could try whatever. When I called him later to find out the time, he said Asha is going out of town for 10 days or so….so…won’t be able to do anything with her until she gets back. He also asked “Have you just left me, there’s no work for me anymore?” I said, “not right now, and when there is some, I’ll tell you.” Honestly, with his attitude, it’s hard to work with him...but I don't want him to get discouraged. Hmm.

Anyway, Robin got in touch with Preciuos and is supposed to go to her house this afternoon. She also got in touch with the girls we met last week, and has a mtg. with them at 6pm tonight.

The landlord just came and asked if I could meet this “person” (guy/girl?) on Tuesday to see if they might be able to help us with the work in some way. I told him I might be able to go, but if he was a “common gender” person, it might be strange. The landlord said, “I’ll go with you, and I’ll come back with you- then you can tell me if you feel strange or not…meet him first, and then tell me…if it doesn’t suit you, no problem, I’ll try and find a lady for you…” Oh the situations you get yourself into over here!

I need to call Anne today and ask her if she got admission to the technical school- and when it starts, etc. If I go meet this new person on Tuesday- that will mean not being able to meet Anne, which, probably isn't the best use of my time- should I do it anyway? Hmm...

Today, we taught Panna to say, “oh my goodness." She was so cute, and had great pronunciation!!! It was really funny! That was a highlight to the day….

~ Elizabeth

No comments: