Monday, August 7, 2006

No water today (Email to parents)

Mommy and Daddy,

Still no water came today. We filled up pitchers with the drinking water we have. All our neighbors are getting a little concerned. Some are cleaning out their water tanks, because, well, why not- it’s a good time to do it, since there is no water in them anyway…

A praise: Robin was able to get another recording of Abraham story from Precious last night and Precious said she would do another story…

In spite of no water, I’m feeling stinky, but fine about it. Weird. I do wonder what we will do when water stops coming altogether. Actually, I’m already convinced that a miracle is happening with the water that is currently coming from the pipes. It comes from our tanks, and our tanks are nearly empty….

Anyway, keep praying- Satan can use no water to create more tension and frustration which in turn affect our attitudes and interactions, and thus affects the work…he is so sneaky!

It also looks like rain today- hey, I might get a shower after all- while I'm on the motorbike on the way to storying session- perhaps I should lather up before I go out!

Okay- love ya!

~ Elizabeth

----WRITTEN LATER-----

So Anne didn’t come at all today…I drove over there for...well, nearly no reason. I got to take a bath, unexpectedly, at Pastor Moses’ house- that was nice.

I called Anne after 20 minutes- she was at Mamta’s house. I talked to Mamta, she said they had some work they were doing, they would come after 20 minutes. 30 minutes later, I called again, they still had work, and it didn’t look like it would get finished any time soon. I said okay, I have to go- can you come tomorrow? Anne said “maybe”- and for me to call her tonight to find out if they got the work done or not. I have told her we just need to do this one more recording, then I’ll use some of the other girls- but still, it’s been a struggle to get her to come. Since she didn’t come at all today- I think my patience has gotten pretty slim – and considering, we hardly got anything accomplished last week because she was late the whole time. We don’t have to just wait around, but need to move on to the next person...but it's hard.

I asked three of the girls who have shown some interest in the stories, to come tomorrow at 10am to do stories. They all said they would- that will be interesting. We’ll see what happens.

No comments: