Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Who can help us? (Journal Entry)

Our meeting with Pastor Moses went…LONG. We only talked to him for about 10-15 minutes, but we were at his house for more than 5 hours. When I came back, I reported to Becca and Vivian, “The meeting was, well, it was… 'Indian’- which I should be used to and expect, but still, it was long and tiring being there for so long and really only needing to talk to him for 15 minutes!!!”

When we finally got to talk to him, he was more enthusiastic about storying, but was unsure about people we might be able to use. He said he would pray- but didn’t know of anyone. It was encouraging to hear his excitement about storying and we talked about how we are glad to work together with him, etc- but discouraging to hear him say, he didn’t really know of anyone. And when he asked about payment and we told him we wouldn’t be paying them, it was as if whatever people he had previously considered were also now out of the question.

After meeting with him, I feel encouraged that he is excited about the work, but unsure that we can rely on him or others to help us. Of course, we can only rely on the Lord…I think I’ll take a trip to the bazaar tomorrow and revisit the people I met- especially the one girl who said she knew English. I also do not think those people will amount to much…but who else is there? I think we have to go where we can find the people- and there are obviously none here!!!

Anyway…glad we met with him- even though now that it’s almost 5pm, don’t feel like doing much else today- and feel like I hardly did anything. That’s just how things go here- I should know better than to expect anything else…right? Right.

No comments: