Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Need to pray about people to help us...(Email to Parents)

Due to an unexpected visit from Minna and Vimal, we are going to the village on Thursday instead of tomorrow (Wed). We spent most of the day trying to help them with their computer, and also discussing storying stuff and if they knew anyone who might be able to help us. The discussion wasn’t too successful. They said it would be possible to get someone, but not without payment. We explained the reasons why we didn't really want to do that. They understood- but still, they kept saying, “that will be very hard…”

I went to the bazaar and met the women and girls I know there and met two others- Everyone I met I asked if they knew English. A few people knew some, some didn’t know any…and even then I’m not sure what “Some” really means.

One girl asked if I could help her with her exam. She studies at the same college that Anju works at. Unforunately, she doesn’t know Kahani! She seems very eager to learn and I think she would give some time to helping us- but….she doesn’t speak the language!!! Ahh!!! When Minna and Vimal said, - it will be hard- I said, “we’ll pray” – they said, “yeah….”- as if that was the only way this could happen. Well, we already knew that….but are we praying? I know I’m not praying nearly as much as I should be!!! Will start praying after I send this…

It was a good bazaar trip in general. I’m glad we aren’t going to the village until Thursday- I’m so tired now- and my tooth is killing me. I almost stopped at the dentist in the bazaar to have him look inside-, but knew if I did that, the whole town may end up in the dentist office and looking in my mouth too!!!

Not much else happened today...
Love you!

~ Elizabeth

No comments: