Saturday, March 17, 2007

Be all there (Email to Parents)

Mommy, do you remember writing this?

---------------------------------------
“…..All this to say that if you ever begin to doubt that you are doing what God wants you to do, don’t. If you think for one minute that you might not be where God wants you to be, you are wrong. I’m quite sure that as hard as it is to leave your homeland, it will be equally hard for you to leave India in two years.

There is no doubt in my mind that you are doing what you were designed by God to do. That is the only way we could let you go. I don’t know what plans God has for you in those mountains of Kahan, but I know He DOES have plans for you there. He has already prepared relationships, situations, and opportunities for you right there.

Just as I have prepared for you to come home so many times and fixed things up for you and prepared special food, God has prepared things for you there in India. The certainty of His Sovereignty guarantees that this is so. Each detail is carefully constructed by a loving Heavenly Father, ready and waiting for you to experience and bring glory to Him through it all.

So enjoy what God has prepared for you. Be all there….”

-------------------

It’s typed on pink paper- you gave it to me as I was leaving Delaware…and I have saved it and read it several times over the past year- always seeming to come upon it again at the right moment.

Anyway, I love you so much, and could not be here without you. I think about coming home, and thinking, “I’ll never leave again” – like Dorothy- when she finally got back home… 'there’s no place like home.’

Recently I learned that the word for home/house here should only be used to refer to the place where your family lives. I called to a neighbor and she said, “I haven’t seen you in a few days, where have you been?” I said, “I’ve been at home” (meaning right here on the roof of the home I was standing on). She said, “You went home? Really?” I said, “no, this home…” – she was pretty confused.

I asked Gaitree later about it and I said “what do I call this place I’m living in right now- my home?” She said "No." You call it your room, or your rented place. She said “My family has lived in the town Kahan for several years, but that is not our home- our home is in R town- where we actually own land and where our ‘roots’ are. It has something to do with owning the place where you reside, but it has more to do with who is there…

No matter what, at least on this earth- my home will always be there…with you. And yet, being where He wants me (here for now), also feels like “home” in many ways. I think someone else said this, that the place you are most content, is in the plane going back and forth between the two places you love the most – the place you call ‘home’ and the place where He has called you. To satisfy your heart, being between the two sometimes feels the best!

Anyway, it’s already March 17- we have only 6 more stories that have not yet actually been started yet. Most of the rest have not been ‘approved’ yet, but they are at least started. I think this work may actually get completed…I think I might actually survive :)

I love you lots. And miss you too. But, I’ll be home before you know it! :) I’m sure!

~ Elizabeth

No comments: