Tuesday, January 30, 2007

"Goliath's gods didn't help him" (Email to friend)

(Email to a friend)

Oh hey, I meant to include this in my email, but it got sent before I wrote it.... Thought you might like to hear this little update from our work here. Work is going well- I was working on the David and Goliath story with some story-crafters yesterday.

Did you know that when David is approaching Goliath, Goliath curses David by the names of his gods? I asked the girls (who are not His), if they thought that was important to include in thestory. One girl said, "No, because his gods didn't help him, we shouldn't say that. That makes his gods look bad." The other girl said, "I think that's an important part of this story- to show that David's god helped him, but Goliath's gods didn't help him." Anyway, we decided to leave it in. These are the girls who gave me a beautifully framed picture of one of their gods for my bday.

~ Elizabeth

No comments: