Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Sick... :( (Email to Parents)

Well, I woke up early this morning- as I have the past week (3, 4am)- but this morning, my stomach hurt really bad. I got up and got sick...The stomach pain didn’t go away, and I feel like at any moment I might throw up.

I got back in bed- 2 hours later, I was still awake- but had succeeded in praying for all the Kahani people I know by name...I prayed for the stories, for the work, for wisdom…

Then I got sick twice more…but the stomach pain subsided somewhat. Though I currently feel like if I move two inches, I’ll throw up. Vivian made tea, and I drank the whole cup…we’ll see what happens.

I don’t know if I’ll get to the village or not. I’m so frustrated…I even prayed last night that I wouldn’t’ get sick…if seems like we’re doing all the right things, so why would this happen? I know the Enemy is working too. Vivian said maybe we were getting close to getting things done, and he wants to stop it any way he can. EVEN THOUGH I KNOW God will work it all out in the end, it seems like Satan has the victory right now….

The weather is also most gloomy- has been for three days now- so foggy I can’t see our neighbors house…probably not the best for driving anyway…though I’m sure it would clear up by the time I would leave….

I even feel like I’ve been doing okay with resting and relaxing, since I know that when I don’t do that, HE will often make me so sick, I’m forced to stay in bed…but even it doesn’t feel like that’s why I’m sick…

And since I thought I was going to the village, I had caught up on emails and written many postcards already, there’s not a whole lot I can do from my bed…. “Work-related” that is….I mean, there is always stuff to do I guess….but…it just seems like good timing for the village trip as far as the other work is concerned…

I don’t know- probably better to trust HIM who knows than try to rationalize it in my own mind….

You know, I think, “oh, well, at least you weren’t in the village last night and had this to deal with this morning- where would you have even gone to the bathroom?” The other part of me says, “at least I would have already been in the village- perhaps some work would already be done, I would have just had to deal with it, instead of having to deal with it here/on the way….”

Anyway…I’ll call or write again and let you know if I end up staying- if I do not write again, then assume I got better somehow (or not) and headed to the village…

Love ya.

~ Elizabeth
P.S. The blanket you got is such a comfort to me right now…I just want to hold it and squeeze it- it’s amazingly new, and clean and soft, and warm…and everything opposite to everything here right now…

No comments: