Wednesday, December 13, 2006

"She has all her teeth!" (Email to friend back home)

(Part of an email to a friend back home)

...As the older women in the village were examining me one day, one of them was about 2 inches from my face- talking about my nose, and hair, and eyebrows and teeth. One said, “Look at how white her teeth are!” Another one said, “Oh my, look, they’re all there too!” (meaning my teeth!)
Then it was a show of who had teeth and who didn’t, and which ones were missing, and why, and for how long, etc, etc, etc. I wonder if there is a story in the Book about teeth- they would for sure connect with that one!!! :)

Anyway, crafting and testing stories in the villages has been going well. It’s physically draining as we fetch water and wood for the fire daily, among other village chores. However, it’s emotionally refreshing to be among the people whom these stories are for! Pray for “Grace” our new story-crafter- she’s a fairly good story-teller, and willing to help. Pray that she’ll realize that her aunts and sisters-in-law can provide useful feedback and that her aunts and sisters-in-law will listen and want to help. Of course, above all, pray that all of them realize the Truth within the stories…(see a picture of one of the little boys with his goats in "Grace's" village).

I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season!!!

~ Elizabeth

No comments: