Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Misc notes (Email to Parents)

Mommy and Daddy,

Things are going well here at the retreat in another city. I went to the doc. for the third time today...long story short, there is nothing majorly wrong with my foot- just somehow got twisted or stretched maybe. He gave me some cream to put on twice a day for 5-7 days. We’ll see what happens with that.. I have also got some bug/spider bite of some kind that has gotten a blister type thing on it and gotten progressively bigger since yesterday morning. I showed that to the doc. too, he said it’s a bug bite of some kind, and to leave it a alone, or he could stick a needle in a draw the fluid out. I said leaving it alone would be fine…He gave me some stuff for that too- when it breaks open…yuck!

The retreat has been alright…we played volleyball last night- that was fun. I’m assuming you probably replied already to my other email, I hope to read it before I have my “Annual” meeting with Pam and Steve (my supervisors) tomorrow morning. I had to fill out a form for them. It asked about personal relationships/conflicts, etc. It should be interesting.

Anyway….the food has been good- all Indian…I really like it…It’s been neat to meet some older women who have journeyed and still are journeying a lot through India- It would be fun to work with some of them, as they have the zeal and passion for what they are doing.

Anyway, we’ve had cold showers every day…no T.P (toilet paper), and there are little crickets in the room….but other than that, accommodations have been fine. The weather has gotten a lot hotter since we’ve been here- it’s perhaps near 95 degrees today…no A/C of course….I’m hoping for rain tomorrow. We’ll see.

Oh, Pam brought the package from Thailand as well as the things you sent to her….THANK YOU SO MUCH. The best thing was the CD of pictures of Mark kiteboarding and Natalie horseback riding!!! VERY COOL!! Thank you so much!

Will write again at some point…

LOVE YA.

~ Elizabeth

No comments: