Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Email Update

June 20, 2006

Short Version:
- “Can you retell the story?” (Testing Stories...)
- Missing Home…
- On top of a bus? The adventures never end…
- Going to Thailand for training- Send things by June 30
- P & P

“Can you retell the story?”
This is the first question we ask and the most important question when testing a story. From the retelling of the story, we can begin to figure out what might need to be added/deleted or changed in the story. If the person forgets certain parts or adds something, then we can ask more questions to determine why this might be. Was it because the vocabulary is new to them? Was it because there are too many details, or the story is too long? Or is it just a difficult part to remember, no matter what? It’s interesting to see how much people can remember and listen to their answers to the questions. It’s also encouraging as Anne really enjoys testing and is able to do a testing session pretty much on her own.

Missing Home
I’m not sure why I am missing home so much right now. Perhaps it’s because both my mother’s family and my father’s family are having their family reunions in the next two weeks- and it will be the first one that I have ever missed. Everything is going well here, there is no reason to “run home.” In fact, our Father has been faithful and things are going quite well. Pray that I would find encouragement and motivation in that fact, and not dwell on the thought of missing home!

On top of a bus!?
We took a trip recently that involved me climbing on top of a fairly large bus to retrieve our computer that had been put up there. Five minutes after we left, the bus had a flat tire. Thus it was a perfect opportunity to get out and get the computer. There were of course, several people watching as I climbed the ladder on the back and fumbled around in the luggage to get our computer. But the computer was rescued, and it was another adventure. It seems we never run out of those here! (yeah, that's me- on top of the bus!!!)


Thailand Address: Please send things by June 30
We will be going back to Thailand in July for training. As always, I would love to hear from you- below is the address you can send things to. For things to reach me in time, it would be best to send them by June 30th. Thanks!

P & P
- Praise for Anne who has been doing a great job testing the stories.
- Praise for a back-translator (80 years old, but able to do the work!).
- Praise for safety on the bike thus far! (We drove through a herd of goats today!!!)

- Pray for another story crafter…
- Pray for more people to test the stories with
- Please also pray for more people to help with testing as it is an overwhelming task.
- Pray for me, as I lean on our Father to carry me through this period of missing home.
- Pray for Robin and me as we continue to figure out how to divide up the work.

Also, there’s been a “lull” in emails lately. I realize this is a busy time for many of you, however, I really do enjoy hearing from you! Knowing that you are praying for me motivates me! Please don’t hesitate to write!

Thank you for your continued prayers.

Til All Have Heard,

~ Elizabeth

No comments: