Friday, June 30, 2006

Jumbled journal entry

I decided to go to the village tomorrow (Sat). I called Bicky and talked to him and Uncle and they both said, “Why are you asking, just come!” I’m really glad I’m going- can’t wait to just hang out with all of my “Friends” again! I hope they are there!

My plan is to leave after breakfast…maybe 9am- arrive there by 12, stay til 4 or so- then come back. Vimal told me today I should drive the motorcycle there- it would take a lot less time – maybe half as long, because the busses and jeeps go really slow…which is true- we pass them all the time. But, driving is tiring, and it would be a new road- lots of unknowns---not that that has stopped me in the past. I would like to drive there, but…feel it would be more tiring to do that…I think I’ll take my mp3 player and listen to some language stuff on the way….or perhaps practice language with the people I sit with in the jeep or bus…unless they end up throwing up on me! I can’t wait! :)

Oh- and Vimal said that Precious' kumaoni was okay…so that’s super good news- Robin can continue to work with her. And, Robin is calling Sara (Pastor Joseph’s wife) right now to set up a meeting with Mrs. Wilson (do you remember her from a long time ago?)- to try back-translating sometime next week since Mrs. Failbus is going away.

I woke up this morning anxious to get through the day just so I could get back in bed again- reminded me of teaching days….I remember Greg Baker asking us once, “What is the first thing on your mind in the morning?” I asked him, “Do you really want to know, honestly? The first thing on my mind is how soon can I get back in this bed again?” I feel like that again….not because I don’t want to take part in the scheduled activities for the day, but because I’m so drained physically, and mentally too. Even when I was teaching, I enjoyed it- it wasn’t that I didn’t want to do it necessarily, but it was because I was so drained…

I’m not sure if more sleep would help…or if I need to cut back on some things in my life- i.e. not go every day to meet Anne? The only way I could convince myself to do that would be to know that I would be more productive on other days if I took off one day in the week…(not really took “off” – but did other things, i.e. email, updates, language, etc).

We are going to have Noodles with Alfredo sauce tonight- and chicken too! Robin’s mom send some kind of canned chicken, we’re not sure how to fix it, but figure we’ll heat it up and fry it a little…should be good!

I gave the testing questions for Tower of Babel to Pastor Moses daughter to translate into Hindi over the weekend (She knows English)- then I’ll give the Hindi questions to Anne and she can translate them to Kumaoni. That will be the next story to test after Cain and Abel- I’m supposed to meet with Sam on Wednesday to discuss what testing stuff he and/or his sisters were able to do. That is a huge prayer- that all that testing stuff would work out….I think we’re planning to send Fall story to Judy (our consultant) this week…

Language lesson went well today- I had drawn a little map with various roads and places on it- I’m working on learning how to tell someone directions from one place to another. Wow, it’s more difficult than I thought- there are more words and phrases coming out in this lesson than I thought…but it’s good. I think I’ll be working on that for a few days. I’m also incorporating some story stuff into my language session. I got some of the words for plague, boils, hail, promise, staff, stubborn, from Anne and her friend today- and then reviewed them with Gaitree. I think I’ll spend some time each lesson working with vocab from the story we are working on, and some phrases too…I’m excited about that….

This is a bit jumbled of a journal entry....All well….

No comments: