Saturday, December 17, 2005

"Pour Out All" by Amy Charmichael

“Pour Out All” by Amy Charmichael’s book: “Candles in the Dark”

A word in Deuteronomy that brought you to me when I read it some days ago is this: ‘The Lord is their Inheritance as He hath said unto them’ (Deut. 18:2). I thought then, as I think now, of the lovely inheritance you might have had. But He is your Inheritance instead of that lovely earthly joy. Throughout all eternity that word will be opening up its treasures. You will never regret your choice. It is wonderful to be free to pour out all, every drop of one’s life; and that is what you have done and are doing. No, you will never regret it, never.”

Thank you Lord, for this confirmation this morning. Thank you for leading me here- I suppose it was “my choice” in a way- but really, ‘how could I not come?’ While I may not always be thrilled about being here, I came because you led me here. No other direction even compared to the glory this would bring you as well as the blessing that I might receive! Did I do it just for the blessing I would receive, thus did I do it selfishly? I think part of me desires adventure, and yes, for that part of me, I selfishly came. Yet, there are many other ways to have adventure, “comfortably.” :)

No comments: