Sunday, December 11, 2005

Packages (Email to Parents)

Guess what- I think that one of your packages you sent is in Kahan somewhere!!! YEAH!

I went to the post office today and said, “Do you have my package?”
They talked a little bit to themselves and told me to go around to another area where I’ve looked for my packages before…
I went back there and asked again- they talked to themselves again and weren’t sure and then I heard: “blah blah, Elizabeth, blah, blah…”
I said, “Wait- Elizabeth? That’s MY name!”
“Your name?”
“Yes, I’m Elizabeth”
“Oh”
Then, they showed me my name written down in some book and also showed me the slip from the package that you wrote on the address and the contents of the package…I don’t know why it was separated from the package. They had the paper, but not the package. They said, “Oh, the package is with the postman- it should arrive today.” I wasn’t about to believe them- what a coincidence that the day I come to the post office, the postman would deliver it. Hmm….I said, “if not, then what?” They said, “Come back tomorrow at 9 or 10am.

So, I’ll do that….and ‘hum dekaingai” (we’ll see). :) I figure they just said that so they’d have time to repackage it, whatever’s left of it!

No comments: