Thursday, December 15, 2005

Email resonse to Janna

Janna,

Thank you for your email. Reading it makes me re-evaluate what I signed up for!! Haha…But then also makes me realize how short our life really is and for me to desire to have a comfortable life and friends and family and ignore the nations around me is indeed a sin! We are serving our Lord, and what could be more fulfilling and satisfying than that!? Yet, those homesick and missing friends feelings are still there…hmm…

I’m doing better the past few days- the devotions I’ve been reading seem to be pinpointing my homesick issues…don’t you hate it/love it when God knows exactly what you need and gives it to you? Part of me is thanking Him for comforting me and showing me that He does care for me and is in control- the other part of me says, “Let me pity myself a little longer!!!” Haha…

Anyway, thank you for your friendship...Thank you for being there, for listening and sharing your insight and wisdom with me.

Have a wonderful Christmas and time back “home.”

~ Elizabeth

No comments: