Sunday, August 26, 2007

Last Update from "KAHAN" (Email Update)

Update- August 26, 2007

Short Version:
· Workshop Update…Dedication and distribution of the stories went very well!
· “They know the Truth now, I’ve done what I came here to do, their salvation is not my responsibility…” ~ Local leader and the apostle Paul also…
· During the month of September, I’ll be traveling to two countries, both of which are currently experiencing some civil unrest.

Longer Version:
Picture: Robin and I distributing tapes. This man (his wife is on the left) has attended all of our storying workshops and has been using storying to reach Kahani people.

“They know the Truth now, I’ve done what I came here to do, their salvation is not my responsibility…”
One of the local leaders and his wife shared these thoughts with us when we went to visit them last week. They have been working in a city for several years, and have seen very little response. And yet, they persevere and hold on to the fact that their job is to tell the Truth, and His job is to change their hearts. As I prepared to share the story for our church time this past week, I came upon Paul’s encouragement to the elders in Ephesus. As I ask God to care for my friends who now have the Truth but have not yet decided to follow Him, I was encouraged by what Paul wrote:

“… I have done the Lord's work humbly--yes, and with tears. I have endured the trials that came to me…Yet I never shrank from telling you the truth, either publicly or in your homes. And now I am going to Jerusalem, drawn there irresistibly by the Holy Spirit… not knowing what awaits me, except that the Holy Spirit has told me in city after city that jail and suffering lie ahead. But my life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus--the work of telling others the Good News about God's wonderful kindness and love. And now I know that none of you to whom I have preached the Kingdom will ever see me again. Let me say plainly that I have been faithful. If any suffers eternal death, it cannot be blamed on me, for I didn't shrink from declaring all that God wants for you….” Acts 20:19-27 (portions)

Travel Plans…
For the next month, I’ll be traveling – by bus, plane, rickshaw, taxi, train, camel…and who knows what else… I am looking forward to the places and people I’ll be visiting in two different countries. At the moment, both of the countries I’m planning to visit are experiencing some civil unrest. Please ask Him to guide my steps not only while traveling, but for whatever He may lead me to as a result of visiting these places.

I will be returning to the USA October 3rd. My plans are to spend some time with my family, as well as with you! The next best thing to serving the Kahani people is sharing about them!

As I mentioned, after returning to the states, I’ll start training for recruiting for One-Story (
www.onestory.org), as well as assisting my supervisor with developing some language learning materials. Both of these opportunities require continued prayer and financial support. Thank you for partnering with me in this journey and considering continuing to partner with me. This work is not possible without you!!

Till All Have Heard,

~ Elizabeth
P.S. Since I’ll be traveling a lot over the next month and am not sure how much email access I’ll have, please be patient with me as I reply to your emails!! However, please don’t hesitate to write! Now is a crucial time for me, as I get ready to “re-enter” my home country!! I need your support!

No comments: