Thursday, April 27, 2006

Meeting with Robin and Family stuff (Journal Entry)

(sign in the bazaar!)

So, today we to our friend's house and asked them to record the first few chapters of Genesis in Kahani. It was fun to finally be doing something related to our story work (not language or cultural learning) and that also involved the people directly. I can’t wait until Saturday!!! I’m trying not to get too excited!

Robin and I met today for about 2 hours. We had a bunch of misc things to discuss related to the Creation story for Saturday as well as references for Irene (the woman working in another city on the written Word for the Kahani people) for the rest of the stories in our story set. It was a lot of business stuff to figure out, and could have been really stressful, but I was amazed. With only 1 or 2 minor disagreements, we were able to accomplish what we wanted to and even decide our prophesy story without getting on each other’s nerves or getting into a conflict!

I do think both of us have pride issues. Our conflict seems to sprout when one of us is not good at something and has to admit it to the other, or has to back down from something becuase the other person can do it better!

Anyway, tonight I asked our neighbor, "Precious" to help me with some Kahani questions, and since she speaks English think she could work as a back-translator.


I talked to Aunt Gayle tonight- it's so strange to talk to someone from America besides my mother for more than 20 minutes. It was good to hear about some things happening at home, and I asked her to be honest with me and keep me informed and if she ever feels I need to come home to tell me.

I do feel burdened now more than before for my family. I am away from home, though not unaware that things are happening at home. However being away does distance you to some extent from the problems and things going on. No matter how much communication there is, I can’t know everything – and even if I did, what could I do? I'm so glad that Mommy does keep me informed as much as she does. At least I can pray for them.

No comments: