Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Hello from Thailand (Email to Parents)


I’m here, back in Thailand, back from the retreat. All went well. Things are quickly getting busy around here- I had forgotten how last time things were actually pretty busy- even for email…I will try and stay in touch as much as possible…

Anyway, I'll try and use skype to call you...should be cheaper that way. I love riding my motorbike aroudn town…it’s so freeing!

It’s SO HOT here though. I had a nice afternoon- sat by the pool, (I’m really getting brown!!)…read some, read all my letters from people…and then played with the kids in the pool for a bit. Was really relaxing. Training starts at 9am tomorrow…

We (Shanna, Jeff- oh, they are now engaged!!!!!...Heather, Amanda, another Heather, Jimmy and I) went on bikes to this waterfall yesterday. It was REALLY hot, but really fun- Amanda and Jimmy actually slid down this rock slide thing into the water- was realy cool! And these Thai kids were jumping off this really high rock into the water…reminded me of when we went to the Lake and jumped off those cliffs! We had to hike a lot to get there, up rocks and stuff- was really fun and a nice chance to just relax!

Bye for now…

~ Elizabeth

No comments: