Thursday, April 6, 2006

Misc stuff (Email to Parents)

This morning- Jeff, Shanna and Jimmy helped lead our session. Then I met with Lori- the language person. My Hindi is good, but Kahani is suffering- she wants me (And Robin) to meet with David or Stephen to discuss our dialect issues and what exactly we should do/where we should live/etc.

I walked away a little frustrated. I feel like we were told to find a story crafter- and not focus as much on language, and now she tells me our language basically isn’t good enough….Ahh!! I know, it’s all good- I really like Lori a lot- she is so good…

Anyway….it was good….but I feel a little overwhelmed too. Part of me really wants wants to go back (today even!) and started really cramming on the language…and start working with that girl I met who speaks English and Kahani- if her Kahani isn’t good- we’ll try her mom. So many of the teams had to try lots of stuff before they figured it out. We haven’t hardly tried anything.

Ugh.

Anyway, I went to dentist- the little thai lady doctor was so sweet. She said, “Oh, your tooth is so cute!” I tried to persuade her to just take it out- but she told me to come back Tuesday- the ortho. Doc. isn’t there today or something like that. Anyway, I also bargained for the price even though we were in a really sophisticated office building. It was $10.00 for the xray I had…she said it looks like it will come out- no problem, so that’s good….

I played Frisbee game with random people this afternoon- was really hot, but lots of fun..It’s so great to actually really run around- good for my body too I think….

We're going to listen to some Brian Regan (a comedian) now I think….Then bed…I feel pretty tired out already….

LOVE YA!

~ Elizabeth

No comments: