Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Kahani Worship! (Journal Entry)

I just got back from testing and back-translating, and various other things in the bazaar. It’s a cold dreary day. I watched the dvd of the youth worship at Cornerstone- that brightened my day SO MUCH! :) It was beautiful to listen to.

I then started wondering what that would look like and sound like for Kahani people to be praising Him? I then pictured Panna walking into Cornerstone Church in America, with one kid hanging from her, and her basket on her head….woah- talk about too much to fit into one idea…

I then thought, “oh yeah, that’s what’s Heaven is for- to fit everyone and their uniqueness” – but then I started thinking about it and was like, “How in the world is Heaven possible? I mean, for Cornerstone to exist in all it’s uniqueness, then for Ganga with a bucket of water on her head, and Panna, grass on hers, and Precious dressed in jeans, but then our landlord’s wife in a sari…how will it all mix?

Will we all wear the same clothes- or have royal robes? Will we all sing in the same ‘heavenly’ language- something we all understand? Or will we be able to understand all the languages and thus we can praise God still in our ‘own’ language, but it’s understood by everyone else? Or will we not be able to understand other langauges- only He will be able to understand? What kind of instruments will be there? Will we have a projector or slides? I have a feeling it will be mostly oral!! But still…just to imagine the culture I’m in here, mixing with the culture at home- is way too much for my mind to figure out…what in the world will it look like to have all the nations from all over the world together???

Of course, just as Panna would look odd coming into Cornerstone, so I must look odd tramping through the village…in spite of trying to dress like them and speak like them- still how odd must it be!! If only I could see myself, I imagine I would laugh for hours- thinking of it that way, I’m surprised how much grace they do give me and that they don’t laugh at me more than they already do!!!

Anyway…it’s interesting to hear the worship song “from the mountains, to the valleys- hear our praises rise to you…..from the islands, to the nations….hear our praises fill the air…”

Somehow I am encouraged that perhaps, through this work- there will be people who will sing praises to Him one day…and then this song will really ring true- “From Cornerstone, PA, America, to "Kahan," India, and beyond…hear our praises rise to you!”

No comments: