Tuesday, July 19, 2005

We got here! (Email to parents)

Greetings!

We're here and fine. We arrived on time, welcomed by dark faces, humidity, people speaking foreign languages, flies, and I think I saw a cow or two.

All our luggage arrived, though we must have looked really silly with all our bags hanging from us and pulling some behind us! We were sort-of wishing some of our luggage didn't arrive! Haha.

We got showers and Robin went to breakfast while I tried to sleep. Our training actually started 3 hours after we arrived, but it was debriefing from the previous training, so we did not need to go. I couldn't sleep for about an hour even though it was the middle of the night American time. I finally did sleep- and was awakened a few hours later for lunch- I felt like I could have slept the rest of the week!

I love you and miss you lots!!!!

Okay, I will try to call you later if possible...

Love ya!!!!

~ Elizabeth

No comments: