Sunday, July 31, 2005

Training...(Email to Parents)

Hi Mommy and Daddy!

Things are going well- our first day in the new town. We went to a service this morning, and are here in the hotel resting and then we’ll have prayer and share this evening.

I’m feeling a little sick. Throat is sore, and my system is a little uneasy- not sure if it’s the food or something else. As long as I can get to a bathroom in time, I’m okay. I’m going to wait another day and then take something. I know I need to drink more- which then also requires a bathroom, but I don’t want dehydration to confuse whatever is going on with me.

Everyone else is doing okay. Our room is about twice as small as the other place, and Robin says
that the pillows are more “rock-ish,” but otherwise, it’s very nice. Actually, it is nicer than the other place. We even have laundry service! Hot water too!

I told everyone in the jeep (before the rain on my luggage and before the flat tire) just how happy I was to be here, in South Asia. They were all a little surprised at me saying that after what we’d been through and that was only half of our trip….but really, it was exactly where I wanted to be.

My hair was just about oily enough to look as if it was wet and almost so that I could form it to curl- perfect! I know I didn’t smell very good, but nobody did, so it was okay.

Anyway, just another adventure. Am I still in the honeymoon stage or transitioning? Either way, I am enjoying it, just the same.

Love you and miss you.

~ Elizabeth

No comments: