Wednesday, June 13, 2007

45 minutes from HOME! (Journal Entry)

I'm about about 45 minutes from re-entering the states, after 2 years. I can see the Atlantic beneath the clouds, the white caps sparkling.

What to think, how to feel- I’m still not sure. In the past three days of travel, I didn’t figure it out yet. I spent 5 hours in Frankfort airport- realizing that it cost me $10.00 to eat at McDonalds. Whoa. I might starve if it costs me that much…my goodness!

I slept a lot on the first plane, and slept probably half on this plane. Part of me feels like I’ll have a good handle on jet lag. But we’ll see. I can’t wait to see Natalie, Mommy and Daddy- I assume they will all be at the airport.

I don’t even know what awaits me, what changes the house and my room have undergone. At least we have the same house. Mark won’t be there…since he is at camp. I can’t believe that potentially I might not have to think about work at all for 2 weeks. I also won’t speak Kahani at all...

Lord, you know what changes my mind, heart and soul will go through over the next few weeks. Please guide me. Help me to seek you. Help me to really ‘be all here’ in America. It might be one of the easiest times in my life for me to really be all in one place- since I know in the back of my mind I’m returning to India shortly…I have nothing to lose by giving myself fully to where I am. Help me to do that. Help me to continue to shine for you wherever I go.

I love you Jesus.

No comments: