Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Spiritually Drained (Journal Entry)

I feel like sitting at your feet all day, Jesus. I feel more refreshed today physically, but spiritually I feel drained and empty. Fill me with your love and your strength and your joy.

On thing on my mind is my relationships with people. The are two things that have been told to me recently.

Janet said, “There are some things you’ll never change.”
Mommy said, “Sometimes it’s better to change yourself than try to change the other person, but changing yourself is harder because you have to humble yourself.”

Yeah, that’s probably it. I have to humble myself…and I have so much pride it’s quite difficult.

Psalm 15 is a good reminder that not one of us is worthy of you, Lord. Help me to understand what you want to teach me through these verses.
Verse 1: “Who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart.”

Psalm 15 in The Message says:“God, who gets invited to dinner at your place? How do we get on your guest list?
Walk straight, act right, tell the truth.
Don’t hurt your friend, don’t blame your neighbor; despise the despicable.
Keep your word even when it costs you, make an honest living, never take a bribe.
You’ll never get blacklisted if you live like this.”

Thank you for the encouragement of Psalm 16:
Psalm 16:5-6- “Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.” (NIV)
“My choice is you, God, first and only, and now I find I’m YOUR choice! You set me up with a house and a yard. And then you made me your heir!” (Message)

Psalm 16:9-10 – “Therefore, my heart is glad, and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay.” (NIV)
“I’m happy from the inside out, and from the outside in, I’m firmly formed.
You canceled my ticket to hell – that’s not my destination!” (Message)

No comments: