Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving Note

(To be read at Thanksgiving Dinner)

A few verses from Psalm 16 -
Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.
You guard all that is mine. The land you have given me is a pleasant land.
What a wonderful inheritance!
I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.
I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.
No wonder my heart is filled with joy and my mouth shouts his praises!
-----------------------------------------------
I’m thankful for the verse that talks about the Lord being our inheritance. Wow, that's something I’m thankful for. Thinking about how much more there is waiting for us in Heaven is overwhelming. Especially since we have very little here right now, it's too much to even think about!

But, even so, a few verses down gives an idea of my attitude about it (At least right now).
The other verse that says, “…I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me. No wonder my heart is filled with joy…” It just seems to be a verse that is very fitting to my life right now. My heart truly is filled with joy. Just being here, among these people is really like a dream come true for me, and it’s so exciting to think of eventually being able to share stories with them that I pray will really impact them and even change their lives. I’m thankful for the joy that I have- only because the Lord is with me, He has given joy to me and because He has planned this for me for this part of my life right now.

Lastly, I’m thankful for all of you back home and your encouragement to me and my family! I could not be here without all of you supporting me from back home! It’s been a blessing to hear from you and to pray for you from over here.

I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving!!! I love you and miss you!

No comments: